Monday, December 31, 2007

Day 03 - Cans, Security Guards, and Taco Bell

I met up with the boys at Taco Bell today. They told me that the previous night they slept pretty well. They went to bed early at around 7 or 8pm, but were awoken by a security guard who made them find a new spot. They then slept decently until around 10am the next day at the new spot. Ryan and Steven are surviving on Ramen, 99 cent double cheeseburgers, and anything else they can scrape up. They needed some food money yesterday and they made a few dollars from collecting cans in dumpsters. Today when I met them, I gave Steven an orange I found in my car and some change I had in my pocket. I joined them for some burritos inside the Taco Bell. I got some interesting footage of them as they ate. Everyone in the restaurant was sitting on the complete opposite end of the building, purposefully avoiding them. When I left them, they were headed to the library and also were going to try to find a good place to panhandle. -Eric

No comments: